Ecobank has launched its fintech challenge, and it's inviting African Fintech entrepreneurs to join the 4th edition of the Ecobank Fintech Challenge. Through this challenge, the Pan African bank identifies and partners Fintechs that are ready to scale and provide them with support and access to opportunities in Ecobank's 33 African markets. The goal is to contribute to their growth as Pan African Fintech success story.
The Fintech Challenge is in line with the Bank's commitment to championing digitization by allowing innovative African start-ups to promote their fintech solutions. The challenge is open to all Fintechs on the African continent. Interested Fintechs can apply by sending details of their product as well as a demo here. These products must address one or more of the specific pain points which can be found here.
All selected Finalists will be inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship following the Finals and Awards ceremony in November 2021. The selected top three winners will receive cash prizes worth $15,000, $12,000, and $10,000, respectively.
What Fintechs stand to gain
- Multinational product rollout: an opportunity to pursue integration with Ecobank and potentially launch products in parts of Ecobank's Pan African 33-country ecosystem.
- Service provider partnerships: Ecobank may select start-ups as pan-African service partners within the Bank's ecosystem.
- Access to Ecobank's Pan-African Banking Sandbox: Fellows will be given access to Ecobank's APIs to test and improve their products for the pan-African market.
- Mentoring and networking support.
- Access to Ecobank's VC partners for funding exploration.
The Ecobank Fintech Challenge was designed in partnership with the advisory firm Konfidants and is supported by several partners across Africa and globally, including ACCION, Catalyst Fund, Nedbank VC, and Cellulant. Applications will close on 20 September 2021.
For more information on the competition, benefits, and how to apply, visit https://Ecobankfintechchallenge.com.
Inclusion Times Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.