Application Deadline: 20 July 2020
Applications are open for the Digital Access Programme Officer role. This role creates an opportunity for one digitally literate Nigerian graduate to apply his/her skills to solve crucial problems in the community, gain valuable experience and scale his/her career.
The Digital Access Programme Officer (Nigeria) will be responsible for supporting the setup and implementation of the programme in Nigeria – working with the team at post and with the cross-departmental programme team and Programme Management Committee in the UK. The role presents a unique opportunity to contribute to advancing the UK-Nigeria relationship on digital inclusion and cyber security for development and prosperity at a time when these issues are of increasing importance on the international agenda.
Working within the Nigeria Prosperity Team, reporting to the Programme Adviser in Lagos and liaising with the London-based Digital Access cross-government central team and Programme Management Committee, the job holder will also contribute to effective coordination between the work of the Digital Access Programme and the wider Prosperity Fund in Nigeria and internationally to maximise synergies and impact.
The Job Holder will be recruited initially until August 2021, with the intention (subject to programme planning and ongoing funding, and mutual agreement) to then extend until March 2023.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Undergraduate qualification in one of the following fields: ICT policy and regulation, public policy, social studies and/or development studies, business studies or related field
- Experience of supporting the day-to-day administration and delivery of large and/or complex projects and programmes, with a good eye for detail.
- Developing and applying tools to support effective project management as well as supporting delivery control of implementing partners.
- Experience of developing and executing programme/project implementation plans.
- Experience of applying project coordination, monitoring, risk management and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Supporting the commissioning of work packages or procuring delivery through external implementing partners and contract management.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Professional experience in at least one of the following areas will be desirable: Digital access (innovative models for inclusive connectivity, digital skills and content development), telecommunications, digital/ICT, cyber security, community engagement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the digital for development agenda.
- Experience of working in an international development context, including managing/working with development programmes, including in Nigeria.
- Experience of working in or with government in Nigeria.
- Experience of working in the private sector or organised civil society in relevant fields (e.g. use of digital and cybersecurity for development)
- Experience at policy, regulatory as well as field level will be considered relevant.
- Experience of remote working as part of a larger team.
Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at Pace
Type of Position Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Apply here: https://bit.ly/2VRSsDq
Inclusion Times Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.